October was filled with Saturdays at the market, Monday mornings in coffee shops, early evenings falling into late nights with friends, a weekend home on the East Coast, and lots of new opportunities, adventures, dream-come-trues. Here are some of my favorite finds from the past few weeks!
- Maple-brown sugar/maple-pecan lattes — My go-to flavor for this season. Especially delicious with almond milk. Found @ Whole Foods on Pearl Street or Alpine Modern Cafe on The Hill.
- Amrita Health Bars — SO yum. I was lucky enough to get some free samples. Vegan, high in protein, and they actually do taste good! Expect a giveaway in the near future, keep an eye out 🙂
- Black Mirror on Netflix — Black Mirror really gives you something to think about during your Netlix sessions. I could easily spend an entire day watching and re-watching these thought-provoking episodes, all following different storylines while successfully raising questions about technology and the part it plays in our lives, and where that will take us.
- Before the Flood on YouTube, etc. — You can find this most everywhere, at least for the time being. Follow Leonardo DiCaprio around the world as he speaks with super important people in the fight to halt climate change and save our planet. Truly inspiring and informative, it’s just over 90 minutes and totally worth your time.
- The Witch — I love horror films, and this was one subtle, slow building, but totally thrilling to watch. Take a step back in time and embrace the witch hunt era one more time for this eery film. No jump scares or cheap thrills, and it’s a refreshing take on the witch theme in horror.
- Waylon Lewis — Boulder at it’s best. The founder of Elephant Journal shares his day to day life with the rest of us on this page.
- hellorednails — The name explains itself, but the gentle art of this page is beautiful and the contrast of red among so many different places, faces, colors, cups is jarringly gorgeous.
- kate_nyc — A breath of fresh air in a world full of filtered faces and extra brightned and contrast scenes of NYC.
- fireandjoy — Bright, full of childlike wonder captured in photographs, nature at it’s best, love in couples and families and friendships and human + animal meetings.
- Rupi Kaur — Words, mostly, but who doesn’t love a good poem amongst all the faces on your Insta feed?
- Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur — Want to cry in public? This book will do the trick! (Only saying this because Rupi’s words brought tears to my eyes as I sat waiting to board my flight back home a couple weeks back.) Rupi Kaur is a young poet, and her words are wise, refreshing, honest, relatable, all of the above. Grab a copy at your local bookstore, probably tucked in the Bestseller shelves, or here.
- SPRAWL by Danielle Dutton — I’m currently reading this for an assignment in one of my writing classes, and it’s a different writing style. Seriously, I’ve never read anything like it, and it’s inspired me in my own writing. If you’re looking for something unlike anything you’ve ever read, this thought-provoking and poetic novel is just what you need to flip through.
Best of the best:
- Lady Gaga’s new album Joanne —
- Guys My Age — Hey Violet
- Man on the Moon — Zella Day
- Rebel Rebel — David Bowie
- Words — Daya
- Cocaine Jesus — Rainbow Kitten Surprise
- Oblivion — The Foxies
- Fluffy jackets — It’s certainly getting chillier, at least in the mornings here in Boulder, and fluffy jackets are my life-saver. Snuggle up and add some extra fun to your outfit with a jacket like this
- Layering and shapes — Layering is always in, and hopefully this stays. Try switching up the look and creating some shapes by wearing bras with cutouts under low-cut tanks or baggy flannels with a cute crop and an asymmetrical skort. If those words sound like gibberish, here’s the idea:
- LF — Furst of a Kind, their vintage collection, has pieces unlike any other, and no one else will have them, like ever. It’s worth the price with the high quality and the unique style of each piece.
- Vegan leather mini skirts — My current go-to, and so fun to style from day-to-night.
Sending love & gratitude as we head toward Thanksgiving,