Happy October! September, in my world within the Boulder Bubble, was filled with midterms, essays, workshopping, and adventures, to local coffee shops and yoga classes and sometimes, just to plain ole’ college class. My favorite things, though, are featured below!
- The Tab CU Boulder — An online news source/blog style site for college students. Head to The Tab for the latest news stories on and around campus, plus some fun “life” stories as well.
- HerCampus CU Boulder — Another online blog, specifically for women in college. Head to HC for the latest trends, events around campus and Boulder, and tips for tailgating, dressing for autumn, and some wonderfully written words on any and everything. Ranging from self-care and mindfulness to how to survive your freshman year at CU.
- Horoscopes — They’re fun to read, and sometimes they make a little too much sense. No matter what your opinion is on them, give them a chance, even just for a week, and see how it goes. My personal favorite source is Free People’s weekly horoscope.
- Retrograde (a short film style series) — Emma Mercury on YouTube that follows her weekly adventures in her new home of NYC
- American Horror Story on FX — This season is different than any before, and I’m loving it so far. If you’re into horror, a little bit of history, and maybe you watched the first season (Murder House), you’ll be sure to enjoy AHS Season 6.
- New Girl on Fox — Jess isn’t exactly a New Girl, but this series is a breath of fresh air each time I watch it. The script is wonderful and the delivery is spot on. And my mom likes it. If Mother Theresa likes it, it’s gotta be good.
- Scream Queens on Fox — I’m giving this second season a chance, and it’s doing well so far. Emma Roberts kills it (literally?) and Taylor Lautner and John Stamos are in this season (so far, at least).
- Cosmos on Netflix — This documentary series on the universe messes with your mind, and the images are absolutely breathtaking.
- Easy on Netflix — Currently watching this series. The stories are relatable, for the most part, and entertaining in their down-to-earthness. The less known actors stand out, even with some famous faces popping in. (Dave Franco, anyone?)
- April Morlock on Instagram
- Erin Kelly Art on Instagram
- Raising Hell + Living Well on Instagram
- Simply Kenna on Instagram
- Sammy Riley on Instagram
- Sweet potato chips — One of my favorite things, year round, and in chip form? Nothing could be better about these.
- Honey crisp apples — Or just apples in general, it’s their time to shine!
- Fruit sushi — I came across this creation at the Whole Foods in Boulder last Friday. It’s sushi (vegan) with veggies and fruit. What genius brought this to life? I must thank them.
- Complete cookies — Perfect if you want to indulge in some sugary-goodness, and avoid the animal cruelty bit. Vegan, delicious, and they come in an assortment of flavors. Also found, most likely, at your local Whole Foods or health store.
- Leggings with a fun twist — like these from Free People
- Silk shorts — like these from Brandy Melville
- Cozy sweatshirts — like this one or steal one from your mom/dad’s closet
- Fun socks — like these or these
Here’s this month’s playlist:
And some of my most listened to:
- My Lair — Bear’s Den
- Love You More — Joel Baker
- Spirit Cold — Tall Heights
- No Diggity — Chet Faker
- Arizona — Frances Cone
- Gemini Feed — Banks
- River — Leon Bridges
- Oh My Love — Layla
- A strong foundation during the transition to fall
- Success in whatever you’re cultivating in your life right now
- Health as the weather changes
- A killer Halloween costume
- Adventure, travel, and well being for each and every human on this Earth
- Coconut Oil — For removing makeup, keeping your skin hydrated as the air cools down, and the list just goes on!
- Hydro Flask — For keeping your drinks SUPER hot/cold. Seriously. I put ice in my water bottle almost 7 hours ago and it’s still freezing cold. That is some muggle magic, man.
- Flowers on your desk — To brighten your space, add some life, and work on your parenting skills before you even think about getting a puppy.
- Succulents on your windowsill — Again, these brighten the space, and aren’t terribly hard to keep alive (and yet, I have killed one before). Succulents add more oxygen/fresh air to your living space and are just so spunky and fun, how could you not buy one?!
Here’s to pumpkin carving, apple cider in our veins, and leaves beneath our boots,