August has flown by! I say that about every month when I look at calendar and realize we’re creeping in on the 29th, 30th, etc. But honestly, August was packed for me. Packed full of all the good things: Travel, new music, thrift store finds, and good eats. Keep scrolling to see my big take-aways from the past month!
Playlist of the Month — September
Some of my favorites:
- Love is All I Got — Feed Me // Crystal Fighters
- Follow The Sun — Xavier Rudd
- 10 Laws — East Forest
- Spirit Got Swag — DJ Sol Rising
- AND… the new Frank Ocean album! At last! (Not on Spotify) (Listen to White Ferrari)
- Extra extra, listen all about it: a cool artist Lizzie & I found on Pearl Street after some post-yoga/late night gelato: Lucas Swafford
- Fightmaster Yoga on YouTube — for some juicy yoga flows that fit any need or craving. If you need a little extra incentive to get on your mat, or find your at-home yoga practice needs improvement, Leslie Fightmaster’s channel will help you a ton!
- Button Poetry on YouTube — for some inspiration & to hear some up & coming voices in the poetry sphere.
- What on Earth is Wellness? — a four episode series (so far, at least) following model Camille Rowe as she explores what wellness means to her and society. Super interesting if you’re into mindfulness, crystals, health, fitness, etc.
- Niomi Smart on YouTube — for vegan food inspiration, healthy lifestyle guidance, and outfit ideas, Niomi is amazing at all of the above!
- FullyRawKristina on YouTube — for 100% raw vegan ideas and information, Kristina has the best & brightest channel around!
- Cacao Powder — Add a little into your smoothie or oatmeal for a healthy addition of chocolate into your usual meal routine. You can find cacao powder fresh at Whole Foods & most health stores.
- Vegan Protein — Orgain protein drinks are my go-to nowadays!
- Apple Cider Vinegar — AMAZING for your digestive system & super yummy too! Perfect for getting you into that fall mood. My favorite can be found at Whole Foods, and here!
- Gelato — from Fior de Latte on Pearl Street! They have plenty of vegan options, yippee!
- Minimalist Wardrobe — Out with the old, in with new! And I don’t mean what you’re probably thinking. Instead of throwing out old clothes, send them to consignment stores, sell on Poshmark, or donate to Goodwill. I dug out the majority of my closet & sent it to others so that I only have about 50 pieces that I consistently wear. I’m still working on downsizing, but my closet (and my small room in Boulder) are so thankful for the extra space. Plus, it cuts back on consumerism, which is something I’m working on in my personal life. More on that to come in a post real soon!
- Velvet — Check out Brandy Melville, Urban Outfitters, and any vintage/thrift shops near you for some velvet pieces. Whether it be shorts, tanks, hats, jackets, or shoes, velvet is a must for this time of year!
- Baseball caps — Awesome for a bad hair day, and if you want to add a little something to your usual jean shorts + Free People tank top outfit.
- Band tees — Go vintage! If you’re in Boulder, check out Goldmine Vintage on Pearl, or Urban Outfitters, for some comfy & different band shirts that you can rock with just about any outfit. Perfect for throwing on before you head to campus for class.
- 12TH TRIBE on Instagram — Bohemian clothes that you won’t find locally, and who doesn’t want to be wearing a top that no one else can go out & buy at the local UO?
- Macy Della on Instagram — Model turned small business order with a killer sense of style! Check her out in Ellicott City (once Main Street is back up & running!) for some awesome deals on designer bohemian threads.
- SolPeak on Instagram — Created by two local yogis in Maryland, SolPeak is cultivating a mindset that gears us more towards spending our time on the mat & in the outdoors.
- Karena on Instagram — A gorgeous (inside and out) California girl that puts her heart & soul into her fitness lifestyle.
- EarthYogiDesigns on Instagram — Shameless (kinda) self promotion right here!
- theSkimm — A (free!) app that will keep you up to date on the latest in sports, politics, and every day news (the good & the not-so-good). SO easy & fun to skim through as you drink your morning tea or coffee.
- Crystals — read more here & check out my collection here
- Essential Oils — read more here
Sending you crisp & cool vibes,