To quote tumblr: “Boys are out, drinking almond milk is in.” Or in this case, EATING almond butter bites is very, very in.
I made these yummy little bites in just about 15 minutes this morning! Super easy, delicious, and vegan friendly. And no baking required!
I didn’t have all the ingredients from the original recipe, and so I switched it around a bit and they ended up turning out great.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: About 15 bites
- Dry Ingredients
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or whatever you want to add in! chocolate chips, cacao nibs, almonds)
- Wet Ingredients
- ¾ cup almond butter (the original recipe called for liquidy almond butter, but mine was very thick, so I added in some almond milk until it had a creamier consistency)
- ¼ cup Bee-Free Honey- made from apples (Maple syrup or agave works as well)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients listed above in a large bowl. (Flakes, oats, almond meal, cranberries)
- Stir together the wet ingredients. (Almond butter, apple honey/maple syrup/agave)
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a spatula to fold mixtures together.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little bites. If the mixture is too dry add in more almond butteror apple honey as needed.